Am I the only one?

Laura

Hi,

I wonder something. No matter if I say that on a forum, to a friend or someone I don't really know, I get the same look of incredibility;

I DON'T LIKE THE IPAD.

There, I said it. If i have an information to find really quickly and i don't have my computer, I would rather look on my phone. If I have my computer, I will use it. I think it's really annoying to try to write a long email with an Ipad. I don't like it. I think it's the more useless device there is out there.

Am I the only one? What is your use of a tablet?

Thanks ;)

Sugarhill

Well, I won't say that you are the only one, but I find that opinions like this have more to do with how well the holder of the opinion can use the item that they so vehemently rail against. You say that you have issues writing out a long email, so that's more on you than the iPad. You can't get your hands to do what you want as quickly as you would like, but the iPad didn't do anything, but wait for you to get it together.

People that can't type, don't like typewriters or computer keyboards. People with fat fingers, don't like onscreen keyboards. People that can't afford smartphones, don't need all of those apps and every app is useless. The products are fine, the people are just coming up short.

Laura

So I'm an idiot with fat slow fingers :D Thanks for that kind diagnostic :p . It's funny how skinny fingered people become aggressive when you say you don't like the Ipad

Can you explain what is your usage of he Ipad? When do you use it? What does it do that a computer or a phone won't do?

I'm just trying to have a discussion not an argument, I'm too lazy to fight yes,us, fat fingered people are also lazy

:mrgreen:

Sugarhill

Ah, but you see, you have me pegged incorrectly. I don't have an iPad, nor would I suggest that anyone get one. You asked a question and I gave my opinion. I didn't specifically say that you had fat fingers or that you were an idiot or even broke. I gave examples, you took that on yourself.

You said that you couldn't write an email out on an iPad, not me. I just pointed out that the problem isn't the iPad, it's you as there are many people that can type out emails and even books on them.

As for your new questions to change the subject, as far as I know, there isn't much that an iPad can do that a computer can't or a phone can't do at a slower rate. But, don't turn this around on me to justify why you should like the iPad as that really doesn't make one bit of difference to me if you do or don't.

I like using tablets and I haven't had that big of an issue adjusting to using them efficiently. It's really that simple. If you can't use them, don't.

QuirkyJessi

Well I'm not a huge fan of the ipad itself simply because of the brand name and cost.

As for a tablet, though? Yes, I have one. Why? Because I don't use a smartphone.....for similar reasons you gave as to why you don't need a tablet. If I have access to a computer, I'll use it, which I usually do. And if I'm out and about, then I've always been able to wait or call someone, etc. I got the tablet to fill a void of needing something more portable than my laptop, but without the annoying and expensive dataplan of a smartphone which I would rarely use for internet purposes.

Sugarhill

Well I'm not a huge fan of the ipad itself simply because of the brand name and cost.

As for a tablet, though? Yes, I have one. Why? Because I don't use a smartphone.....for similar reasons you gave as to why you don't need a tablet. If I have access to a computer, I'll use it, which I usually do. And if I'm out and about, then I've always been able to wait or call someone, etc. I got the tablet to fill a void of needing something more portable than my laptop, but without the annoying and expensive dataplan of a smartphone which I would rarely use for internet purposes.
There are times when I don't even take my phone with me. That's how much I don't need to walk down the street talking to someone that isn't there. Like you, I would probably take my tablet sooner than I would my phone.

streakanime

I've never actually owned a tablet, so I do not really think I could formulate a completely fair judgment/opinion of them. I do not wager I would like the iPad if I ever invested in a tablet computer though. I am not really a fan of all these Apple in general. Apple products are not exactly user friendly, they are expensive and they do not exactly offer anything that much greater/different to constitute charging so much more.

aditk8149

Of course, the Tablet is worth its price when you are not in a position to carry or use a laptop.

Using that tiny and compact screen, with productivity tools at your disposal, you can make most of your tablet experience for sure!

Laura

I understand better in that case.

Streakaninme I am not what you would call a fan of Mac but I work with protools and Avid and I can really see the difference. Even if you can use those softwares on a PC, it's another level when you use it on Mac. Bt instead of that, I don't really see the use of a Mac neither ;)

youredthiswrong

Tablets and iPads are pretty much the same thing with a different OS... just like a smartphone and an iPhone. Personally I still prefer laptops, desktops, netbooks and everything else instead of tablets. I own one and just use it to watch movies and TV series. Browsing the net with it is definitely not comfortable at all.

Laura

Tablets and iPads are pretty much the same thing with a different OS... just like a smartphone and an iPhone. Personally I still prefer laptops, desktops, netbooks and everything else instead of tablets. I own one and just use it to watch movies and TV series. Browsing the net with it is definitely not comfortable at all.
Hello,

I wonder why you don't use your comuter to watch Tv series, it is way bigger no?

QuatreHiead

Hi,

I wonder something. No matter if I say that on a forum, to a friend or someone I don't really know, I get the same look of incredibility;

I DON'T LIKE THE IPAD.

There, I said it. If i have an information to find really quickly and i don't have my computer, I would rather look on my phone. If I have my computer, I will use it. I think it's really annoying to try to write a long email with an Ipad. I don't like it. I think it's the more useless device there is out there.

Am I the only one? What is your use of a tablet?

Thanks ;)
No! You are most certainly not the only one. I still think the contraption is rather worthless, and I have owned one for.... a little over a year now. (I wouldn't have it if it were not free.)

Now, since I work at a spot with constant and reliable internet access, it's not a big deal for me to use it. I've found it somewhat handy on the go, however unlike the iPhone or iPod touch and other non-Apple portable devices it is a little big to be of use. The reason why the mobile phone is out, because I avoid upping the bill using it, and strangely the phone I have now isn't very reliable for the wii fi connection and in buildings my signal is terrible. Something I hope to remedy come upgrade time.... but we see. The screen is a bit small for some functions as I will get into here:

But first....

It's not like anyone would actually email from an iPad.... I agree with you, at least not a very long one because the on screen keyboard is irritating to use for extended periods of time. The extra gadgets to make the iPad into something more functional are expensive and irritating... they are only attempts to make an iPad more like a computer. Which, I agree, it's better money to either get a computer or a netbook if you must have it smaller.

Hell! You spend a ton of money on an iPad, if you really want a useful tablet, get something by someone else. Likely in Android market, those make far better tablets and come with more capabilities built in than Apple, and don't have an Apple price tag.

As for what to use it for, I use it for work sometimes. I do a lot of research and reading, so it is a way to cut back on using so many trees and such by printing everything to read on the go, which is a bonus because I try to be more environmentally conscious. I also use it to read manga a lot, that's my new favorite use and the only one that I believe works well here and not on another device like it. A Kindle/Nook etc would be just a bit small for a manga page size and likely doesn't have the apps to directly download onto the iPad. Lastly, a computer is a bit too large for whipping out on a bus to start reading. The start up time on laptops get longer and longer the more they are used as well.

So, for me the iPad has ironically been somewhat useful, because I am that person too lazy to turn my computer on when I get home. So I sit and chill with the iPad and watch online videos, use the apps for TV like ABC network, and read some articles etc. It's also saved me several times in my laziness allowing me to pay online bills and check accounts quickly. However, if you're like most people where you rarely shutdown your computer or turn it on when you enter the door as an automatic reaction... it's a pointless device.

And giving it out free isn't going to change that much Apple. Sorry.

androidgeek

I will say every person have their own specific requirements. They like any product on such requirements. Smartphone, Tablet, Mobile have their own different utilities.

This fact has been proved by Apple's iPad huge sell out. People do like any device because they find that more usable than others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.