Apple sues Samsung for 'copying' smartphones, tablets

Creaky

Admin
Apple has filed a lawsuit against Samsung, alleging that the consumer electronics giant has violated Apple's intellectual property in the design of its mobile devices.

The suit, which was filed last week and picked up on by The Wall Street Journal, takes aim specifically at the Galaxy series of smartphones and tablets, as well as other Samsung smartphones, for "copying" Apple's user interface and design features. In it, Apple--the maker of the trend-setting iPhone and iPad--claims Samsung is infringing on its patents and is practicing unfair competition.

Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment, though an Apple representative told AllThingsD: "It's no coincidence that Samsung's latest products look a lot like the iPhone and iPad, from the shape of the hardware to the user interface and even the packaging," adding that "this kind of blatant copying is wrong, and we need to protect Apple's intellectual property when companies steal our ideas."
[more=http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20055033-248.html]cnet[/more]

Silent

Graphic Designer
Come to think of it I do see some similarities. Though I probably would have never noticed. Thanks for the nice read!

Creaky

Admin
I think there are going to be a lot of similarities between a lot of devices, you can only do the same thing in so many ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.