Apple Sues Samsung to Block Galaxy S III from U.S.

youredthiswrong

Apple has sued Samsung to block sales of the company’s highly anticipated Galaxy S III smartphone in the United States.

The Cupertino tech giant is looking to receive an injunction on the grounds that the Galaxy S III (pictured above) infringes on at least two Apple patents.

According the complaint, which was filed in a California court earlier this week and posted online by patent law blogger Florian Muller, the Galaxy S III clearly infringes on data-tapping and unified search technologies owned by Apple.

Apple’s complaint claims “it is clear that infringement can be shown with respect to these patents based on the current record.”

Samsung, unsurprisingly, is having none of that.

Full article: http://mashable.com/2012/06/07/apple-samsung-galaxy-siii/

Yet another legal lawsuit that involves Apple...

dexterlablab1

Out of all the Tech companies, Apple is by far the most sue happy.

To me, this just shows you how they KNOW for a fact competitors have better products and are willing to do anything possible to keep the competition out of the best markets.

NewDCD

Sounds like typical Apple procedure. I remember them suing Samsung last year for absolutely mental reasons. I think it's pretty much what Dexter said: they want a monopoly, because they know the subpar quality of their products under the hood does not stand a chance against better-value products from competitors which are not only cheaper, but also better.

Creaky

Admin
There seems to be a lot of suing going on between manufacturers at the moment, don't really think much will com of it. Have to say the S III is a great looking phone though.

youredthiswrong

There seems to be a lot of suing going on between manufacturers at the moment, don't really think much will com of it. Have to say the S III is a great looking phone though.
They know they can't compete with Samsung (the S III is cheaper and works even better than the iPhone), so that's why they're going for lawsuits.

mudrock

I hope apple doesn't stop the release. I know that the galaxy siii is coming to most of the carriers by the end of this month. I been using the 3gs for a few years now and was looking at the one x and this and decided on the s3. I might stop using apple phones but not computers. I don't think the lawsuit will go far. Hopefully they settle out of court or it gets dismissed.

dexterlablab1

I hope apple doesn't stop the release. I know that the galaxy siii is coming to most of the carriers by the end of this month. I been using the 3gs for a few years now and was looking at the one x and this and decided on the s3. I might stop using apple phones but not computers. I don't think the lawsuit will go far. Hopefully they settle out of court or it gets dismissed.
The lawsuit itself probably won't go far. But it might have a longstanding effect later on sadly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.