Blu-ray or DVD

Silent

Graphic Designer
Blu-ray, that is why I have a PlayStation®3 Slim. Well, that is ONE of the reasons. I mostly use my PlayStation®3 for gaming, and NetFlix.

Creaky

Admin
gktime said:
I am still using DVD, it is cheaper. I have never seen a blu-ray movie
You should ask for a demo in store, I did before buying and the difference is impressive

sherlockbones

I like the higher quality of Blu-ray, but I honestly don't want to spend any more money on my "home system," if you can even call it that. :lol: I just have a crappy hand-me-down TV and a decent-ish DVD player, and it works fine for now. If I got a Blu-ray player I'd have to spring for a nicer TV as well, and probably better speakers and the rest of it, and I just don't care enough to put down the amount of money I'd need to spend.

Gamrpro

I own a DVD player but I want a Blu-Ray player. I'll buy one soon though. I've got a shopping list and its already on my shopping list.

Silent

Graphic Designer
Gamrpro said:
I own a DVD player but I want a Blu-Ray player. I'll buy one soon though. I've got a shopping list and its already on my shopping list.
You'll love it!

dexterlablab1

I still have a few DVD players around. But they aren't hooked up anymore. Now, I have my PS3 as well as two stand alone blu ray players here. But since Blu Ray players can play DVD by default, in a way I still have DVD hooked up too.

dexterlablab1

I don't have either a Blu-Ray player or a good TV, so I've never tried a BluRay out. Only BlueRayRips :p
Well, I have it so I can only give my opinion. Blu Ray is great and so is HD and all that. But to be honest, I can do without if I had to. I'm not like many that whine and say they won't even look at things if they aren't in blu ray or HD.

youredthiswrong

Well, I have it so I can only give my opinion. Blu Ray is great and so is HD and all that. But to be honest, I can do without if I had to. I'm not like many that whine and say they won't even look at things if they aren't in blu ray or HD.
Me either. I recently started watching videos in HD anyway. I don't look at regular XViD videos the same way I used to, though :p Have you seen that episode in The Simpsons in which Homer goes to Lenny's house because he bought a Plasma TV, and then he can't stand watching shows in his own TV because of the blurry image? I kind of felt like that at first. But it's not like I'm going to turn a movie down because of image quality.

NewDCD

I'm getting a PS3 by the end of this month, so very soon, I'll have my own Blu-Ray player. I've been stuck with DVDs so far, though. If anything, it's been due to a lack of moolah.

Epicfied

I can honestly say I've never watched a Blu-ray disk at my house, at a friend's, etc.
I definitely still have a DVD player.
In fact, my DVD player still has a VHS part.
I usually use my Xbox to play movies though, but again, that's DVDs.

youredthiswrong

I can honestly say I've never watched a Blu-ray disk at my house, at a friend's, etc.
I definitely still have a DVD player.
In fact, my DVD player still has a VHS part.
I usually use my Xbox to play movies though, but again, that's DVDs.
How long has it been since you watched something in the VHS player? :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.