Desktop or Laptop

Creaky

Administrator
If I'm working on a site or doing some work then a desktop, if just surfing the net and playing around the laptop.

Silent

Graphic Designer
Well, lately I've been using my iPad to finish somethings. I surf the web on my iPad, I play games and do homework(with iWork products like Pages, Keynote and Numbers.)

Epicfied

I prefer my desktops for the reason of I game a lot. They're just better for gaming in general.
I like laptops for the portability but desktops still win at the end of the game.

OmarFW

I actually prefer laptops since they tend to run games about as well as desktops if you get one that has good cooling and hardware. I would love to be able to transport my gaming rig where ever I wanted to without hassle, but unfortunately I am stuck with using a desktop for practicality and money reasons.

Not that desktops don't suck. I just hate how difficult to relocate they are.

Epicfied

I actually prefer laptops since they tend to run games about as well as desktops if you get one that has good cooling and hardware. I would love to be able to transport my gaming rig where ever I wanted to without hassle, but unfortunately I am stuck with using a desktop for practicality and money reasons.

Not that desktops don't suck. I just hate how difficult to relocate they are.
For one, switching from a desktop to a laptop for gaming is sometimes a difficult switch. They're set up a little different and just "feel" different.
Laptops meant for gaming or upgraded for gaming are a lot more expensive, it seems. Laptops tend to run at a higher cost anyway.
Portability is definitely nice though. That's one reason why I'd like a laptop.
As you said though, I'm sticking to a desktop for the practicality and cost.

I use my computer all around my house (my bedroom, the living room, the kitchen, but no, never in the bathroom :p) so I prefer laptops. I use my netbook to watch videos a lot, and I rather watch them in the comfort of my bed instead of my desktop's chair.

Another thing about laptops is that I can still use them when the power goes out, and therefore my data isn't lost when that happens. That's a very common scenario in my city!