Do you play any instruments?

youredthiswrong

Just curious, do you play any instruments, like piano, bass, trumpet, keyboards, drums...?

I started playing the (electric) guitar a couple of weeks ago, and bought my own about a week ago. So far I'm loving it.

Laura

Hello,

I do play some piano but not at a good level. Every two years, I decide to start again learning piano and it last for a month and then I give up. :D

Creaky

Admin
I attempted to learn the piano a long time ago, wasn't any good so gave up. Really wish I had kept going, would be a good skill to have.

QuirkyJessi

I don't. I did teach myself how to play basic piano/keyboard when I was in grade school, but it doesn't go beyond simple songs. I can read music and follow the basics, but I don't think I'd be very fast or smooth with it any more. I don't play anything else at all.

aditk8149

From an Indian Classical Music Background, I play Tabla.

It is a beat instrument useful to give a real good music! Most widely used my fusion artists nowadays! ;)

youredthiswrong

People, it's all about patience and practice. I try to religiously practice every day and I can feel some improvement already. Don't give up!

Sugarhill

I used to be a budding percussionist, but I didn't stick with it as I didn't have any place to put a drum set.

IsabelleChan

Yes, I do play the piano. I completed grade 8 when I was in high school. Even though I don't particularly like it, I feel obliged to complete the exams for my mom's sake. She seems to have a certain attachment to the piano and always regret of not taking any classes when she was small. So she made me play the piano. I wasn't really talented in piano, but my mediocrity is sufficient to get me a pass in exams. I feel tremendously pressurized whenever the exam date is drawing near, but now I'm glad that I know how to play an instrument because it's really an amazing outlet for pressure and emotions. Music has a soothing function that helps you calm down and when you are the person creating it, the effect is even greater . And I agree with some of you that religious practice is the key to success. I don't have a piano at home because my place is not big enough, but I went to a certain piano company for three-four times a week and spent about 1hr on practicing in order to familiarize myself with the scores. And I passed grade 8 in just 6 years. If you are really interested in an instrument, then go for it and try a little patience!