External storage

Creaky

Admin
3,469
15
38
I have a Western Digital MyBook, external drive that connects to your network so you can use it anywhere.
 

Creaky

Admin
3,469
15
38
Only PC's that are on my network can access it, I can also access it over the internet if you know my IP address and the port it uses.
 

Silent

Graphic Designer
1,151
2
0
Creaky said:
Only PC's that are on my network can access it, I can also access it over the internet if you know my IP address and the port it uses.
That's pretty awesome. I want that! :D
 

Grumpy

Member
15
0
0
I have a spare hard drive floating around with 3TB storage, it's in the cupboard somewhere as I haven't used it since Christmas, at the moment I'm just using a 8GB memory stick as I'm not moving any massive files. :p
 

Silent

Graphic Designer
1,151
2
0
Same here. My 1TB isn't nearly filled. I should start adding some old stuff there. Like old designs.
 

sherlockbones

Member
13
1
0
I have a 1TB Western Digital external hard drive for keeping my media on, and another 2TB WD HD for keeping computer backups and overflow from the 1TB HD. I really like them! They're USB connected, obviously, although having a wireless Western Digital HD would be super cool. :D
 

Silent

Graphic Designer
1,151
2
0
sherlockbones said:
I have a 1TB Western Digital external hard drive for keeping my media on, and another 2TB WD HD for keeping computer backups and overflow from the 1TB HD. I really like them! They're USB connected, obviously, although having a wireless Western Digital HD would be super cool. :D
Jeez that's a lot of space!
 

sherlockbones

Member
13
1
0
Silent said:
sherlockbones said:
I have a 1TB Western Digital external hard drive for keeping my media on, and another 2TB WD HD for keeping computer backups and overflow from the 1TB HD. I really like them! They're USB connected, obviously, although having a wireless Western Digital HD would be super cool. :D
Jeez that's a lot of space!
I have a lot of media! I prefer to just keep copies of all my DVDs and whatnot on my computer, so I can access it quickly and without having to dig around looking for a disc. Plus I have a rather large music collection-- I download a lot of free stuff from Bandcamp and various other places. :D It's just handier to keep it all on external hard drives.
 

Silent

Graphic Designer
1,151
2
0
sherlockbones said:
Silent said:
sherlockbones said:
I have a 1TB Western Digital external hard drive for keeping my media on, and another 2TB WD HD for keeping computer backups and overflow from the 1TB HD. I really like them! They're USB connected, obviously, although having a wireless Western Digital HD would be super cool. :D
Jeez that's a lot of space!
I have a lot of media! I prefer to just keep copies of all my DVDs and whatnot on my computer, so I can access it quickly and without having to dig around looking for a disc. Plus I have a rather large music collection-- I download a lot of free stuff from Bandcamp and various other places. :D It's just handier to keep it all on external hard drives.
How much storage do you have on your computer's harddrive?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top