External storage

Creaky

Admin
I have a Western Digital MyBook, external drive that connects to your network so you can use it anywhere.

Creaky

Admin
Only PC's that are on my network can access it, I can also access it over the internet if you know my IP address and the port it uses.

Silent

Graphic Designer
Creaky said:
Only PC's that are on my network can access it, I can also access it over the internet if you know my IP address and the port it uses.
That's pretty awesome. I want that! :D

Grumpy

I have a spare hard drive floating around with 3TB storage, it's in the cupboard somewhere as I haven't used it since Christmas, at the moment I'm just using a 8GB memory stick as I'm not moving any massive files. :p

Silent

Graphic Designer
Same here. My 1TB isn't nearly filled. I should start adding some old stuff there. Like old designs.

sherlockbones

I have a 1TB Western Digital external hard drive for keeping my media on, and another 2TB WD HD for keeping computer backups and overflow from the 1TB HD. I really like them! They're USB connected, obviously, although having a wireless Western Digital HD would be super cool. :D

Silent

Graphic Designer
sherlockbones said:
I have a 1TB Western Digital external hard drive for keeping my media on, and another 2TB WD HD for keeping computer backups and overflow from the 1TB HD. I really like them! They're USB connected, obviously, although having a wireless Western Digital HD would be super cool. :D
Jeez that's a lot of space!

sherlockbones

Silent said:
sherlockbones said:
I have a lot of media! I prefer to just keep copies of all my DVDs and whatnot on my computer, so I can access it quickly and without having to dig around looking for a disc. Plus I have a rather large music collection-- I download a lot of free stuff from Bandcamp and various other places. :D It's just handier to keep it all on external hard drives.

Silent

Graphic Designer
sherlockbones said:
Silent said:
sherlockbones said:
I have a lot of media! I prefer to just keep copies of all my DVDs and whatnot on my computer, so I can access it quickly and without having to dig around looking for a disc. Plus I have a rather large music collection-- I download a lot of free stuff from Bandcamp and various other places. :D It's just handier to keep it all on external hard drives.
How much storage do you have on your computer's harddrive?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.