Favorite colors for a website

youredthiswrong

Every designer and every webmaster prefers to stick with similar colors for their sites. Some prefer light themes, other prefers dark themes. What colors do you use in most of your websites?

Blue and white has been my favorite for a while. I like navy blue a lot, and always try to mix it up with some other tones of blue to make it look good.

dexterlablab1

I prefer fairly light color with only a hint of dark contrast. Reason being is that darker sites tend to be harder for most people to read and navigate.

mudrock

I'm using light colors for font and small divs on my website because I noticed that is what some of the biggest websites are doing. My site is mainly white though with a creme toolbar at the top.

Jaja

Some would say that blue actually helps keep people calm, I'm sure victims of the blue screen of death wouldn't say so too, but if you ask me, it's all in the way of presenting the colors. I try my best to be open-minded regarding these things, though I have to say that red, black and white are my favorites of colors, so if anyone could put this out presentably, I'd be really impressed.

mudrock

I am very picky and sometimes end up changing my site colors a little bit too much. I just worry about it looking to girly. You can never go wrong with a minimal look with white gray or black

tajnz

Like most of you I prefer blue being used and like blue and white combinations in paticular. It's proffesional yet calming at the same time. Years ago studying web design I remember reading that most people prefer blue backgrounds so perhaps there is a scientific explanation. I also like color schemes that are simple, I don't like crazy rainbow themed designs either ha ha.

NewDCD

For me, it's black. Not only does it look elegant and is difficult to screw up with, it also saves a lot of energy!

QuirkyJessi

I like sticking with light themes that have black and gray borders. ANY color at that point is good, but I generally only pick one "real" color at that point to add pops of color throughout the site.

streakanime

Kind of depends on what the website is for. If it is for me, I usually go for a purple, blue or pink color scheme. Whenever I make a website for someone else I usually try to use a neutral color scheme. Browns, oranges and grays are really good. Unless the client wants something specific of course.

Epicfied

I don't like sites looking too bright or plain. A site that's completely white, not matter how good the info is, I tend to turn away from it.
Blinding colors is never a good option either. It makes everything seem too child like.

Darker themes with blue, red, purple, etc seem to attract me more.
Light colors are fine, but neither can be too overwhelming.

dexterlablab1

I don't like sites looking too bright or plain. A site that's completely white, not matter how good the info is, I tend to turn away from it.
Blinding colors is never a good option either. It makes everything seem too child like.

Darker themes with blue, red, purple, etc seem to attract me more.
Light colors are fine, but neither can be too overwhelming.
Yeah but darker themes tend to be harder to see for most people. The only ones that should really use dark themes are the sites that are really niche.

Epicfied

Yeah but darker themes tend to be harder to see for most people. The only ones that should really use dark themes are the sites that are really niche.
I'm not saying absolutely everything dark. Just a darker theme.
Have the chat box stuff a lighter color that matches the scheme.

Laura

Sometimes less is best. All the time actually.

I have seen some website being a carnival of colors, some of them hurting the eyes. And it didn't make me happy. At all.

I think it's better to stay in pale/neutral colors like blue, green...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.