Gaming Chair?

Silent

Graphic Designer
Do you own one of these chairs? If so please tell me your experience with a gaming chair. I am thinking of getting one.

Epicfied

As amazing as they seem by looks, I don't think I'd be able to game in one. I change how I sit so much that it just wouldn't work out well.
Example, at the moment, I have one leg propped on the door the covers my tower and the other leg under myself. I'm leaned back in my chair and turned at an angle.
Later, I might be sitting criss-cross in my chair or possibly even the 'correct' way. For PC gaming, it wouldn't work for me...Maybe for my xbox though.

dexterlablab1

I had a "gaming chair" back when the PS2 was still a viable machine. It had speakers within the back and sides. Cup holders on both sides. And it had a bar that swivled with various controllers (assuming you had them all).

Honestly, having it makes you feel like a lazy good for nothing lol.

NewDCD

I had a "gaming chair" back when the PS2 was still a viable machine. It had speakers within the back and sides. Cup holders on both sides. And it had a bar that swivled with various controllers (assuming you had them all).

Honestly, having it makes you feel like a lazy good for nothing lol.
...That must have been pimping. Then again, I just like how an onerous battle station like that sounds.

dexterlablab1

Wait..."someone"? Boy, that sounds like one hell of a story.
Yeah see, I say someone because I left one morning for school and it was in perfect condition. Yet when I came back home that evening it was all of a sudden broke. And of course nobody "knows what happened" and all that crap. You can kinda figure what I'm getting at there.

NewDCD

Yeah see, I say someone because I left one morning for school and it was in perfect condition. Yet when I came back home that evening it was all of a sudden broke. And of course nobody "knows what happened" and all that crap. You can kinda figure what I'm getting at there.
...I hate when that happens. People just looooove to evade their responsibilities. You break it, you should pay it... : /

Epicfied

...I hate when that happens. People just looooove to evade their responsibilities. You break it, you should pay it... : /
I wouldn't even demand pay for it. I think if you break it, you should at least take responisiblity for it.
Yes, replacement would be nice...but I'd much rather be told the truth and be lied to.

dexterlablab1

I wouldn't even demand pay for it. I think if you break it, you should at least take responisiblity for it.
Yes, replacement would be nice...but I'd much rather be told the truth and be lied to.
I agree. But what can I say, I lived with a few cowardly people back then. I just consider it a lesson learned and keep it moving.

Epicfied

I agree. But what can I say, I lived with a few cowardly people back then. I just consider it a lesson learned and keep it moving.
Sigh...That's never a fun situation. All you can really do is move on.
Was the chair a gift or something you put money into?

NewDCD

Oh man...$680?! That officially, royally freaking suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks! What sort of speaker damage was it? Couldn't an audio technician handle it?

NewDCD

Ouch. That sucks horribly.
Was it just the speakers?
Do you still have the chair...maybe you could get it fixed...?
How long ago was this?
Yeah, do you still have the chair lying around? I guess it was at least five to six years ago, though, considering you mentioned the PS2 was still "viable".

dexterlablab1

Nah guys, I don't have that thing anymore. Heck, I've done moved out on my own and everything.

The chair is a long distant memory now. The ONLY conselation I have is that IF I ever decided to get another one now is that NOBODY will touch it but me.

Epicfied

Nah guys, I don't have that thing anymore. Heck, I've done moved out on my own and everything.

The chair is a long distant memory now. The ONLY conselation I have is that IF I ever decided to get another one now is that NOBODY will touch it but me.
That makes sense then. I assumed it was no matter how much it sucks.

dexterlablab1

My advice to anyone actually looking at them and thinking they are a potential waste of money and time, let me just say, at first I thought the same way.

But once you actually HAVE one, you almost can't be without one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.