Google TV delayed to avoid disaster

Creaky

Admin
Google TV was set to debut at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January, but from a recent report from theNew York Times, Google as pulled its lineup of supported HDTVs to avoid a major disaster, simply because the software isn't ready for the mainstream.

CES brings hundreds of thousands of technology enthusiasts from around the world every year to Las Vegas to see the latest and greatest products, but Google has told vendors to pull their displays from this years show. After poor reviews of the Logitech Revue, Google has made a wise decision to not show an unfinished product and reveal it at a later date.

After the release of the Logitech Revue, many of the major networks including NBC, CBS, ABC and Hulu all blocked streaming content to Google TV users, rending a majority of the content on the device useless.

Television manufactures like Toshiba and Vizio will not be demonstrating their lineup of Google TV compatible devices. However, Vizio will still be holding a private, off the show floor demonstration to a small group of viewers, according to a source.

The delay of Google TV isn't a bad thing, judging by the reviews of the Logitech Revue, the software still needs a lot of work before it's absolutely ready for mainstream. This move could be to avoid a major disaster and the possibility of scarring the Google TV name before it was ever given a fighting chance.

Source: Neowin.net

Creaky

Admin
From what I've read there appear to be some problems & bugs to e overcome before general release.

Silent

Graphic Designer
I read up on some history on Google and it turns out that Google has been a very successful. They have had more success than fails in the past years. So I think Google is smart about what they are doing.

dexterlablab1

The major concern is why all these high powered companies blocked off their content from Google in the first place. I'm starting to see as the world slowly becomes more digitized, it's going to become more "dog eat dog" and "every man for himself" than it already is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.