How do YOU use Facebook and Twitter?

dirtydog

So with Facebook having many ways for businesses and others to advertise (ads, pages, etc) how do you use it? Do you have your own page and try to get it out there? Do you just use the ads on the side? If you use the ads, how has that been beneficial?

With Twitter, do you have a separate Twitter for the different things you are trying to promote? Or do you use one basic one and/or your personal Twitter?

If you don't use either, why have you chosen not to?

neverforget98

New Members
On Facebook, I have my personal account holding all of the pages for my organization, and then I also advertise on my personal account. As for Twitter, all of my pages are linked to my personal account or organizations account, so they get auto-updated.

Sugarhill

I use Facebook as a means to work on this one online site. Outside of that, I don't use Facebook at all. It's never interested me as I have no desire to keep up with people that I wasn't already keeping up with. If I find other ways to make the account work for me financially, I'll consider sprucing up the page, but at this time, no.

I'd rather get more immersed in what Google+ is trying to do with their network as some of the ideas already presented interest me.

I don't have a Twitter account at all.

jmsben12

So with Facebook having many ways for businesses and others to advertise (ads, pages, etc) how do you use it? Do you have your own page and try to get it out there? Do you just use the ads on the side? If you use the ads, how has that been beneficial?

With Twitter, do you have a separate Twitter for the different things you are trying to promote? Or do you use one basic one and/or your personal Twitter?

If you don't use either, why have you chosen not to?
Only use Facebook for business.
Haven't tried ads, but I'm curious if anyone has had success with them.
I have a "person" page for the company and a company page that visitors can "Like"
Use search websites/software to find keywords and groups in my niche for people that are looking for my product and contact them.
That's the best way to actually get clicks to make sales or advertise your website on Facebook.
I also use Twitter, but haven't had much success with it. It's hard to get niche followers, and there are so many spammers that no one checks their inbox. Even if you get many followers chances are they are following more than enough people to not see your message unless you spam.

dirtydog

I'd rather get more immersed in what Google+ is trying to do with their network as some of the ideas already presented interest me.
I am actually just getting into the google+ and actually just did my account yesterday LOL I also did a LinkedIn account finally. But I only do freelance work, no real company or organization yet so I don't have a Facebook page other than my personal one, which I keep because I have family spread all over the US and none here with me, it is easier for us to stay in touch that way.

dirtydog

On Facebook, I have my personal account holding all of the pages for my organization, and then I also advertise on my personal account. As for Twitter, all of my pages are linked to my personal account or organizations account, so they get auto-updated.
I would love to visit your organization page so that I can give you my support. I admire what you have accomplished at such a young age; can you PM the link to me?

Sugarhill

I am actually just getting into the google+ and actually just did my account yesterday LOL I also did a LinkedIn account finally. But I only do freelance work, no real company or organization yet so I don't have a Facebook page other than my personal one, which I keep because I have family spread all over the US and none here with me, it is easier for us to stay in touch that way.
Well, I hope you enjoy your induction into Google+. They look like they have a lot of potential for the site and the people on there seem to be going a different route in their communications and networking on there.

Creaky

Admin
I use Facebook mainly for keeping in touch with real life friends. This site also has a Facebook page, www.facebook.com/gadgetbit if anyone is interested.

QuirkyJessi

I have both Twitter, Facebook itself, and a couple Facebook pages that I promote and use in connection with my sites. I tried to brand them as one, so even though I have multiple sites, some of them have the same "quirky" brand, so I act as a single entity on Twitter. I mostly use it for in connection with those and not really anything personal.

QuatreHiead

I pretty much stick to using both as a social media sites. I only keep in touch with friends and family who I have moved away from recently. Sometimes we will plan events through facebook to get to a large group of people who we may or may not have trustworthy email addresses for.

Twitter I use a little less, I will make the occasional stupid status update. I don't check it frequently enough to keep on top of all the new interesting things that are going on out there in the world. But I do follow some celebrities and groups on there and get the occasional news on something coming up around the corner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.