How many social sites are you active with?

Epicfied

Some people are really into social sites. I generally am not.
How many social sites are you active in? Why?

I have a Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and whatever other popular social site open right now.
I rarely ever use them though. I check my Facebook for messages or to get ahold of people.
Twitter and Tumblr I rarely ever sign onto. Once every few months, maybe.

Grimnir

I have a Facebook, Twitter, and a blog. I'm like you, though, in that I find I rarely ever use them.

Twitter was great for a while, but I feel like lately it's been overtaken with people just trying to sell their products or get you to go to their website. I'd say 90% of the people on there are just trying to get you to retweet them and click a link. It got to the point where I just stopped checking Twitter.

I check Facebook to see pictures from events I've attended or to keep track of get-togethers with friends, but that's about it now.

I've been interested in Tumblr lately, but I don't know. I feel like it'll just end up like Twitter, another thing where it's really hard to find good information among all of the garbage.

Sugarhill

I have a Facebook page with a fake name. I don't do anything on it and I some friend request from someone that I don't know and I doubt if they know who I am since I have nothing on the page and the name is fake. :blink:

I also have a Google+ account and what I was trying to avoid with Facebook happened in that someone tracked me down and added me to their circle. But, as I have for the past however many years, I just continue to ignore them, so it isn't too much of a bother.

I don't have a Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr or Pinterest page. I won't be getting them until they are absolutely necessary as I did with Facebook. Google+ was the only one that I willingly signed up for and actually wanted. I still don't do much on it, though. :lol:

dirtydog

I have a Facebook that I use almost exclusively to stay in touch with family and friends, I think I am one of the rare ones who has no "game friends" at all on my friends list. I did just recently start working on my Google+ account and will primarily use that one for my freelancing and blogging. I do have a Twitter which I have for the sole purpose of marketing my different affiliate programs. I just don't understand Pintrest and my LinkedIn account sat dormant for 2 years until I decided to use that for my freelance writting.

Grimnir

I forgot to mention, I do also use Goodreads! Are we counting sites like that in this list?

I think Goodreads might be my favorite social site (outside of forums), to be honest. I've had some great conversations with friends about what we're reading. As with Facebook, I ended up adding people on Goodreads who I knew from high school or middle school, but the context of seeing what books they're reading has added depth to the experience. It's helped me reconnect with people in a way that Facebook never really did.

QuirkyJessi

I have Twitter, multiple FBs, a couple Tumblrs, Pinterest, Stumbleupon, and have tried a few other social networks as they've come and gone over time. I'm not actually active on any of them consistently, though. I use them here or there. I can't stand most of them, but in order to get decent traffic, I kinda need to use them.

youredthiswrong

Just Facebook... and although I check mine daily, I'm not even active, I rarely post anything and just reply to messages there. I've never really liked Twitter and Tumblr, Pinterest, etc. are not sites I could see myself using.

QuatreHiead

Like most of you, I am only nearly everything out there. I even still know how to access the MySpace page I made some time ago in forever space. My "active" (if you can call them that) sites are Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LiveJournal, and Google+. There may be some other obscure ones like a LinkedIn... or however that is spelled, but I hardly remember it most days.

I used to be better about using Facebook and Twitter... then as all things go I sort of drifted off into the void of getting nothing done on there. It's hard for me to get into it I suppose because after a long day at work interacting with people and getting stuff done, I'm not inclined to want to get all socially with people out there. I want some me time to breathe and take a break. I don't understand how people have that kind of energy sometimes when they get home! It astounds me.

aditk8149

I'm active only on facebook, and I tell it frankly admit that, it is due to only one reason of chatting!

I got a bunch of friends out there, which are always online for my help and entertainment! So I have only facebook, and hardly log in to twitter!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.