HTC Arrive launching March 20, first CDMA Win Phone 7 device

Creaky

Admin
Sprint has officially unveiled its first Windows Phone 7 CDMA device.

Available on March 20, the device will set owners back $200 on a two-year contract after a $100 mail-in rebate. Sprint is expected to launch the device with Microsoft’s first Windows Phone 7 update, codenamed “NoDo”. Sprint is also starting pre-orders for the device today. Customers simply need to head into any Sprint store and purchase a $50 gift card. Names will be added to a wait list and on March 20 Sprint will contact pre-order customers to complete their purchase.

Sprint has supplied the following specifications:

* Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon Processor
* 3.6-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch capability
* Full HTML Web browser with Bing Search and Maps for turn by turn directions, address mapping and even street level views via voice search or typing
* Windows Phone Marketplace offers a single view to showcase apps, games, music and premium Xbox LIVE games
* Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP & IMAP) email and text messaging
* 5MP camera with flash, autofocus and digital zoom and 720p HD camcorder. The camera button will snap photos fast, even if the phone is locked.
* 16GB internal memory for storing pictures, videos and large files. With an additional 25GB of storage in the cloud at no additional charge using a Windows Live ID.
* Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g/n)

htcarrivetop.jpg

Silent

Graphic Designer
Re: HTC Arrive launching March 20, first CDMA Win Phone 7 de

Not to fond of the W7 phone. I do have Sprint as a provider. SO I may check this out.

Creaky

Admin

I haven't had a chance to play with one yet, will take a look in local phone shop.

Silent

Graphic Designer

Creaky said:
I haven't had a chance to play with one yet, will take a look in local phone shop.
What carrier do you have?

Creaky

Admin

I'm with a company called 02, one of the biggest in the UK.

Silent

Graphic Designer

Ah. Mine is Sprint. I don't think it is in the UK. But that's what I have here in the US.

Creaky

Admin

Sprint isn't available in the UK.

Silent

Graphic Designer

Ah. Ok. Thanks for clarifying that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.