iOS 4.3.2 untethered jailbreak out

Creaky

Admin
It has been six days since iOS 4.3.2's release. Following its release, the author of the untethered exploit for 4.3.1, Stefan "i0n1c" Esser, tweeted last Friday that despite Apple's claims of patching up security vulnerabilities used for - amongst other things, jailbreaking - his exploit continued to work. Thus, it was a matter of generating new binaries for jailbreaking teams to use for an iOS 4.3.2 untethered jailbreak.

For the past few days, users that wanted to jailbreak their device may have usedredsn0w RC13b, albeit in tethered mode. But earlier yesterday, the developers of redsn0w have now updated their tool to include the updated untethered exploit. Windows and Mac OS X users may download the updated redsn0w RC15 - it will upgrade a tethered jailbreak if found. As the Dev-Team blog points out, ultrasn0w unlockers should wait for an updated PwnageTool for Mac, which should be out later on this week.

This tool is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3G and 4G, and the first-generation iPad.

Silent

Graphic Designer
I saw this over at the iPhone Dev Team blog. I updated my iPod Touch 4G and jailbroke it again. Great to know we are up to date with Apple's latest security and the latest jailbreak.

Silent

Graphic Designer
Maybe. Though once it is officially jailbroken I am sure it will be easy for the iPhone Dev Team to jailbreak further iPad 2 firmware updates.

Creaky

Admin
Silent said:
Maybe. Though once it is officially jailbroken I am sure it will be easy for the iPhone Dev Team to jailbreak further iPad 2 firmware updates.
I'm sure there will be one out soon, just have to sit tight for a while.

Silent

Graphic Designer
I'm sure there will be one soon as well. I love my jailbroken iPod Touch. I have a custom-built theme by an amazing iOS stylist. I will upload a screenshot soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.