iReview - FPS Series 1 - Dead Space

Silent

Graphic Designer
Dead Space

Game Information

• [*:1zys63rn]Game Name: Dead Space
    [*:1zys63rn]Version(Used for Review): 1.0.2
    [*:1zys63rn]Company: Electronic Arts Inc.
    [*:1zys63rn]Cost: $4.99
    [*:1zys63rn]Link: Click Me
Review Information

• [*:1zys63rn]Written by: Silent
    [*:1zys63rn]iDevice Used: iPod Touch(4th Generation).
    [*:1zys63rn]Extra: This review is not compared to other consoles or devices. All images were taken by Silent.
Game Description

• For those of you who've never played Dead Space then this will be the perfect review for you. Though I don't suggest playing the iPod Touch/iPhone version if you have not played the console versions(available for PlayStation®3, PC and XBOX360). This is a great game! I won't spoil it for you but look up in Google and search it up.
Review
Graphics - 20 out of 20
  • The graphics on this game is superb for a iPod Touch/iPhone game! With the rich retina display the small counterpart game comes to life! For such a small device the graphics hold up really good. Here are some screenshots:

• As you can see the graphics are very very well. This deserves a 20 out of 20. :)
Sound - 20 out of 20

• The sound on this is great! I used a set of Bose headphones to play with this and I was blown away with how accurate the sound quality was. The voices are very realistic and not some fake actor with horrible voice acting. The sound effects are great!

Without the Bose Headphones it still sounds great! For the best experience I'd suggest putting on a pair of headsets on. :)
Controls - 18 out of 20

• Ok. Now the controls on the game is great! Though I think they should have done better to fit the iPod Touch/iPhone's rather small screen. Sometimes I find myself moving my thumb over the shooter. Becomes a bit harder to see. The default sensitivity is great for me. They also have shortcuts for a better controlled environment. For example you can double tap the left-side of the screen to have the player turn 180 degrees. So much easier than swiping your finger 6-8 times for a complete turn.

Also, it gets annoying when you aim with your weapon. You can get the player to aim the weapon but to make the player put down the weapon(not aim), you have to move the player forward. I find this annoying because sometimes I find myself shooting on accident and wasting ammo(which is crucial to the game).

This deserves a good 18 out of 20.
Story - 20 out of 20

• This game turns out to be scary for me. While I was playing in the dark there were many times random creatures would run pass and the sound would just ring in my ear. So it would make me jump. I love that about this game!
    ---
    I won't get into the story much but know that the game is great in-terms of plot. I don't want to ruin it for you!
Overall - 20 out of 20

• Overall this is a great game. The experience is fun and it is a very time-killing game. Now here is the question, is the game worth the $5? Yes. The game is worth $10 if that was the price. Very well played out game by EA(like always).
98/100

Creaky

Admin
Nice review. Played the 360 version of this and thought it was great, never knew it was out on the App store.

Silent

Graphic Designer
Creaky said:
Nice review. Played the 360 version of this and thought it was great, never knew it was out on the App store.
It very much is. It is a great application and I think you should get it. :)

Creaky

Admin
Silent said:
Creaky said:
It very much is. It is a great application and I think you should get it. :)
I may just do that.

Bituser

Nice review. I am a bit disappointed in the graphics though. How well do you think it would go against MC2 Black Pegasus and Rainbow 6 on iPod/iPhone?

Silent

Graphic Designer
Bituser said:
Nice review. I am a bit disappointed in the graphics though. How well do you think it would go against MC2 Black Pegasus and Rainbow 6 on iPod/iPhone?
To be honest the graphics on this for a iPod Touch/iPhone game it is very good. Compared to MC2 and Rainbow 6 I think it wouldn't be a bad competition. They are very close. I will probably review MC2 and Rainbow 6 soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.