Kinect hacked to control Sony’s PlayStation 3

Creaky

Admin
Kinect hackers have moved on to making the console accessory work with its biggest rival, Sony’s PlayStation 3.

A hacker and developer named Shantanu Goel has created an interesting new Kinect Hack that allows Microsoft’s motion sensor to work as an input controller for the PlayStation 3. Goel has also released the source code for his project. “I haven’t done most of the performance/feature improvements yet” saids Goel. “The axis performance specially needs lot of tweaking and it works well only while sitting. Putting this out purely as a proof of concept.”
Read more: winrumors.com

Creaky

Admin
I knew a lot of people had been playing around with it, never expected to see it on a PS3. Perhaps MS should market it as a cross platform controller.

Silent

Graphic Designer
Creaky said:
I knew a lot of people had been playing around with it, never expected to see it on a PS3. Perhaps MS should market it as a cross platform controller.
How would Sony react to this though?

Creaky

Admin
Silent said:
Creaky said:
How would Sony react to this though?
Probably not very well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.