1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to GadgetBit!

We are a community of technology enthusiats.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

New Metrofied Hotmail photo's leak onto the web

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Creaky, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Creaky

Creaky Admin

New screenshots of the new user interface for Hotmail has leaked onto the web today, showcasing a range of brand new user improvements. Again, Microsoft have unified their Metro UI by giving Hotmail a clean look, and a universal bar that has appeared across all other live services.

According to the post, Microsoft have also launched an opt-in service all Newmail, which is set to allow users to test out the Metro UI before it goes live to the public. This service isn't available yet. "We understand that “Newmail” will be available on an opt-in basis (at least for the beginning), so users who prefers the old Hotmail experience can continue to use it for a while."

It is unknown when the new UI is expected to launch across Windows LIVE services, we expect it to happen sometime around the official release of Windows 8.

Newmail-Inbox.png Newmail-Message.png

Source: LiveSide

2. youredthiswrong

youredthiswrong New Member

It looks MUCH better now, glad they adapted some sort of Gmail-ish look to what they already had as a layout. Too bad Hotmail still sucks because of spam, junk filter, security problems, etc.

3. NewDCD

NewDCD New Member

Hmm...it looks good, but I don't know. Since I've been using Hotmail since I was 10, I'm kind of used to its layout by now...still, it's worth a try.

4. mudrock

mudrock New Member

I really like the updated look. I just wish they would make something where I could manage several of my windows live accounts at the same time or check to email accounts at once without having to log out. This does look more modernized.

5. Creaky

Creaky Admin

Never used hotmail so not sure what it was like before, does look good though.

6. NewDCD

NewDCD New Member

Has anybody else had trouble with Hotmail the past few days? I was getting a really weird layout which didn't work at all...it's back to normal now though. I thought they were migrating to this theme, or something.

7. mudrock

mudrock New Member

I haven't had any issues with any of my hotmail accounts.

8. OmarFW

OmarFW New Member

The color scheme is awful but I guess it's better that they got rid of all the useless fluff. I was getting tired of the horrible snowballing trend of styles started by OSX.

9. mudrock

mudrock New Member

i disagree, I really like the way this one looks. It might be the fact that I haven't liked some design elements with how it looks now. It might be the fact that I have been wanting a change to hotmail for a while.

10. NewDCD

NewDCD New Member

It's back to normal now. I guess it was just me, heh.