1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to GadgetBit!

We are a community of technology enthusiats.

If you are already a registered member then you can login here

If you are new to the site then why not join up? It will only take a couple of minutes to register, by doing so all adverts will be removed from the site. You can register here or you can use your Facebook or Twitter account.

Smart Bed Makes Itself After You Get Up

Discussion in 'General Software' started by youredthiswrong, Jun 9, 2012.

1. youredthiswrong

youredthiswrong New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hrWEenI_ozM​

Source: http://mashable.com/2012/06/08/smart-bed/

I'm lazy, buy me one of those!

2. Creaky

Creaky Admin

I want one.

3. NewDCD

NewDCD New Member

I want one. No, I want two. Maybe even three. I have making the bed! Give me one of these!

4. youredthiswrong

youredthiswrong New Member

I wonder what happens if, like me, you're a mess while sleeping and kick, throw the pillows off the bed, etc. Will this bed be smart enough to keep me from doing that? :p

5. NewDCD

NewDCD New Member

The bed then goes berserk and goes Skynet on your behind, of course ; D

6. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 New Member

Yes....because we aren't lazy enough as it is.....

7. mudrock

mudrock New Member

Looks like it would cost thousands of dollars just for that. I love how technology makes people more lazy. It is very neat. It also looks like you cant move your pillow around while you sleep or the pillow won't lift up during the bed making process.

8. Epicfied

Epicfied New Member

I would absolutely hate this. My bed is something personal and non-technological and I want to keep it that way.
    I'd feel weird sleeping on a machine. At night, I put my phone and computer away...technology and sleep shouldn't mix.
    Lazy or not, I don't care if my bed is made and I don't want it making itself.

9. Grimnir

Grimnir New Member

I agree with Epicfied on this one! My bedroom is a kind of sanctuary and I feel like I have technology everywhere else in the house already. I'm wary enough about having a TV in there as it is, I feel like this would just be the first step towards madness.

I kind of like making my bed in the morning, anyway. It only takes a few seconds and it gives me something to do while I try to wake up. Walking around the bed and fixing the sheets helps to get me moving and ready for the day! On the other hand, I'd be seriously tempted by pillows that fluffed themselves. There are some serious knots in my pillows that I just can't get out!

10. QuirkyJessi

QuirkyJessi New Member

So uh, I sleep with my technology..... my phone and tablet stay near my head. I used to keep my laptop on there full time... It wouldn't bother me one bit to sleep on a 'machine' of sorts.

I still don't want THIS machine because it's not like I make my bed anyway so it wouldn't matter.... But the idea of having a bed at some point that has buttons or options, etc? I'm all over it.

11. Laura

Laura New Member

mouahaha I do the same. I can imagine the bed grabbing the pillow and bang it on your face :D I am not sure I would like it :D

1 person likes this.
  12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA New Member

It's a cool video but it's just a lot cheaper and easier to just throw your comforter over your bed and smooth it out so that it looks somewhat neat ,even if your sheets are messy underneath.

This is expensive and kind of unnecessary. I'd rather spend the money on game consoles or a top notch computer.

13. QuirkyJessi

QuirkyJessi New Member

I would assume that a gadget like this is for someone who doesn't have to choose. They can have fancy bed markers AND their multiple top notch computers, gaming consoles, etc.