The PlayBook's tepid pre-launch reception

Creaky

Admin
When we had a quick hands-on with Research in Motion's PlayBook back in CES 2011, and it looked really impressive. Smooth multitasking with a lightweight body, a dual core processor, and plenty of RAM - it seemed like a pretty good new contender for the currently saturated tablet market dominated by Apple. As it heads for a launch on April 19, the early reviews of the device are rather lackluster. The responses coming from prominent tech journalists sound eerily reminscent of RIM's first attempt at a touchscreen device, the Storm. The Storm suffered from numerous software and hardware glitches upon its release, and on many occasions, owners of the device were forced to hard reset the device by removing the battery and restarting the device. This time around, the complaints rest not with bugs in the device, which runs the QNX OS, but with the lack of apps available.
[more=http://www.neowin.net/news/the-playbooks-tepid-pre-launch-reception]Neowin[/more]

Silent

Graphic Designer
I just saw this on YouTube by SoldierKnowsBest, and it seems pretty neat. I think I may just get this over the iPad2.

Silent

Graphic Designer
Creaky said:
It does look good, if I didn't already have an iPad would consider one of these.
After closer consideration I think that I will stick with the iPad 2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.