What is the advantage

dirtydog

I am a little confused. I have heard of Linux and have friends who swear by it but I don't know what the difference is between Linux and Windows. Also when I tried to do research (or ask friends) there are so many different types of Linux that it just confuses me more. How do you know which to use? Can you put it on your computer without taking Windows off, just in case I were to do it and not be happy.

Laura

I am a little confused. I have heard of Linux and have friends who swear by it but I don't know what the difference is between Linux and Windows. Also when I tried to do research (or ask friends) there are so many different types of Linux that it just confuses me more. How do you know which to use? Can you put it on your computer without taking Windows off, just in case I were to do it and not be happy.
I think the biggest advantage of Linux is that it's free. The second great advantage is that it is less targeted by viruses as hackers are more interested in attacking Windows. I used to have Linux on my first Asus laptop and I enjoyed the basic simplicity of it. But it was for me its limit : it was too simple and didn't offer all the possibilities Windows would offer

aditk8149

If you're more interested into using your computer configuration at its fullest, you can use this operating system.

Linux provides an enhanced way to use your configuration, as compared to services running on Windows, Linux provides comparatively less services yet giving more performance.
You can understand how efficient your computer can be if you use Linux!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.