What is the best browser you have ever used?

isao21

I have used chrome, and it is probably my favorite, just because the simplicity of typing what I would wish to Google in the address bar makes it very "Google friendly." However, the best browser out there would be Opera, because it can load very quickly even on a bad internet connection, and I like speed. What is your favorite and the best browser you have ever used?

NewDCD

It's hard to say "best" when it boils down to a matter of opinion. In other words, it's all relative. I prefer Chrome, but there are people out there who say Firefox is better, and so on. So it's difficult to say which is the "best" browser I've used, as it's only the "best" by my own criteria and standards, which might not be entirely objective, and maybe even purely subjective.

Svoboda

It's hard to say "best" when it boils down to a matter of opinion. In other words, it's all relative. I prefer Chrome, but there are people out there who say Firefox is better, and so on. So it's difficult to say which is the "best" browser I've used, as it's only the "best" by my own criteria and standards, which might not be entirely objective, and maybe even purely subjective.
Agreed. However, I feel Firefox has continuously gone down hill over the last couple years. Memory leaks have become more commonplace. Additionally, while most people dislike it, I still use Internet Explorer quite a bit as well due to some corporate sites I use will not function on alternative browsers.

NewDCD

Agreed. However, I feel Firefox has continuously gone down hill over the last couple years. Memory leaks have become more commonplace. Additionally, while most people dislike it, I still use Internet Explorer quite a bit as well due to some corporate sites I use will not function on alternative browsers.

I agree with the Firefox assessment. And I know what you mean about IE. A national bank here pretty much NEEDS you to access its online banking functionalities via IE, otherwise they won't work.

Creaky

Admin
The best browser is the one you feel happiest using, things like this are always going to be based on opinion. I'm currently a Firefox user, works for me with no major issues.

NewDCD

The best browser is the one you feel happiest using, things like this are always going to be based on opinion. I'm currently a Firefox user, works for me with no major issues.

Pretty much this. As I mentioned earlier, calling a browser "the best is a pretty big pitfall.

neverforget98

New Members
I loved Firefox so much but I got so tired of ti constantly freezing and loosing my 16 AppTabs that were horrible to add back EVERY SINGLE TIME. So, I switched to Google Chrome. So, I'ma say Google Chrome is probably the best browser I have used.

Sugarhill

I'm really not one to wax poetic about a browser. I do get the occasional slow down, but I've always attributed that more to the connection over the browser. Having said all that, I'm doing just fine with Firefox. There was a period when the memory leaks were absolute torture, but before I made any hasty moves like switching to Chrome, they fixed the issue and we're back at peace.

Laura

I have used chrome, and it is probably my favorite, just because the simplicity of typing what I would wish to Google in the address bar makes it very "Google friendly." However, the best browser out there would be Opera, because it can load very quickly even on a bad internet connection, and I like speed. What is your favorite and the best browser you have ever used?

I have yet to try Opera but I am using Google Chrome for the moment, and after Internet Explorer and Firefox, I am more than happy with Chrome. It's really fast, ergonomic.

Actually I don't even really need to try Opera, I am satisfied with Chrome.

QuirkyJessi

I would say that the best I have ever used was Firefox....in its prime. It has fallen in recent versions and I've switched over to Chrome because it is the best currently. If FF ever gets its act back together, I may go back to it full-time instead.

aditk8149

The best browser, according to me, is Mozilla Firefox.

Look at the features, the plug-ins, the performances and all that make this browser an amazing one!
I've also used chrome, but due to some other problems like privacy and all, I didnt' find it that good!

Laura

It's funny, I had to use Internet explorer today because a website wasn't working on Google Chrome (and let's give that to Explorer, I was really happy to have at that precise moment) and I thought about this discussion immediately. I forgot how slow and bad explorer was. I confirm it sucks (sorry IE, you saved me today, I shouldn't spit on you like that)

ACSAPA

I'm used to Firefox and I like it. It has plug ins and add ons for everything I need. I'm not looking for another browser. I'm happy with Firefox for now.

QuatreHiead

I still stick to using Mozilla Firefox myself. I suppose I'm not that picky of an online user. I have a difficult time often keeping track of all these gadgets and things, I get to feel like an old lady... so Mozilla works for me and I've stuck to it. I have heard some good things about Chrome.... but I can't take the effort to make the switch. Whenever I do try, I forget to use it anyway, so likely just a well. Lately I have gone back to using Internet Explorer most unfortunately because one of my jobs requires it's use to login to a portal. I hate when that happens, but what can you do. I appreciate that for the awful speller like me Mozilla has an automatic spell check function to it. Very, very useful.

QuirkyJessi

I confirm it sucks (sorry IE, you saved me today, I shouldn't spit on you like that)

The only thing IE is good for is downloading Chrome or Firefox, lol. I'm glad it saved you in whatever bind where you didn't have another browser, but that's really its only use....when a different one isn't available.