Will you buy a Windows 8 tablet?

youredthiswrong

Official Windows 8 will be released once the final version for the OS comes out. Their design is intended for touch-screen devices, so it will probably work best on them than in laptops.

Will you be buying one?

NewDCD

I don't think so. I'd rather stick to Windows 7. I don't like how Microsoft wants to discard desktops as if they were going out of style. Laptops and netbooks didn't phase them out, and neither will tablets. Not by a long shot.

Epicfied

I will not be buying a tablet with Windows 8. I doubt I upgrade from Windows 7 in anything, actually.
I'm not a huge tablet fan though. I'd rather stick with my laptops and desktops.
So no, I won't be buying a Windows 8 tablet.

mudrock

I don't think I will be buying one. I'm not feeling the design. The look in general doesn't feel modernized enough to me even though there are probably hacks that could change it. I guess I just don't like the look of all the box rectangle shapes.

tajnz

I'm a fan of tablets but will stick with my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet for a little while. I'm perfectly happy with it. I also agree with previous commenters in that sometimes its best to wait for a version or two to be released while they were out the kinks and faults and improve on the product. The first version never has all the features people want. I might upgrade to Windows 8 for my laptop though. I'll have to do a bit of research first to see if it's worth it or not. Not every new operating system is superior, just think back to when XP was released. I found it highly dissapointing.

isao21

I will be thinking about purchasing this tablet. It all depends on the reviews it will get. I am sure that Microsoft will try to use a lot of hype techniques to get people to buy it on the day it releases so that they will over look the bugs in it. Apps will also play a factor in weather or not I will be purchasing this product.

Svoboda

I plan on picking one up. I also love the magnetic cover keyboard. One of the main reasons I'll be grabbing it is because I do a lot of remote support work and the ability to have a Windows desktop in addition to tablet features is huge to me. Ever tried using RDP on a iPad? Not pretty.

NewDCD

I PROBABLY should get one, considering I've been needing an ebook reader for a long time now. It would help me a lot with med school. However, the question rather is "will I have enough money?". Such is the life of a poor med student.

QuirkyJessi

Nope, I won't. For starters, I already have a tablet and have no need to drop money on another one any time soon. Beyond that, I really don't know what I think about the Windows 8 OS yet. There's a lot of hype, but my expectations are pretty low. I'd rather wait a while to see how it turns out.

Sugarhill

I will be leaning heavily towards getting one. I have wanted a new laptp for some time now, so the fact that the Surface will be coming with everything that is needed to function as a tablet or laptop, makes it the better option. I'm not too worried about Windows 8 as an OS as I will still have 7 on my desktop and the things that I'll be doing won't be critical enough to warrant only staying with 7 as to not mess anything up.

Laura

No. First, I don't like tablets. Second, I don't know what Windows 8 worth and I won't spend my money on a tablet with that system. I guess they will have to do without my money ;)

aditk8149

I am looking forward and will be surely buying that Tablet.

It is a tablet which converts into a laptop! Who doesn't want that kind of gadget in your collection.

Moreover, the improved touch interface is just driving me crazy just by seeing in that Video Note!

androidgeek

Windows 8 surface tablet - Planning to buy this tablet. I will buy this device after seeing reviews of friends of this community. If the windows 8 run perfectly on tablet of Microsoft, I will prefer to buy that one.
It will do work of laptop, computer & tablet at same time.