Windows App store images surface

Creaky

Admin
The Windows 8 App store has been known for some time, in fact pictures have been leaked previously but it was hard to confirm if they were genuine. But, a Chinese user with has posted up additional pictures that confirm the previous leaks were in fact genuine.

The images come courtesy of Twitter user @RyanAdil (via Compixels) and clearly show the new store that Microsoft will be incorporating into Windows 8. It is also speculated that that the application store may come to Windows 7 as well, but at this time that is not confirmed. The application store appears to act in a similar fashion to Apple's own store but it should be noted that Apple did not come up with the "app store" philosophy, Windows Marketplace was in existence before Apple's implementation.

The images come from China and it is stated that build 7955 is currently on a private FTP. If the build is on a private FTP, much like the previously leaked build of Windows 8, it can only be a matter of time before a full leak of the build occurs. Windows 8 is expected to be released in late 2012 with the latest rumor suggesting retail availability in early 2013.

2wfits8.png
2a9o2sw.jpg

Silent

Graphic Designer
Though the MicroSoft Market was first with the App Store philosophy, I think Apple perfected the App Store. While Apple is up ahead in the lead against MicroSoft, I am very interested to see what the MS App Store has in store for PC Users.

Creaky

Admin
Not to sure if this is genuine now, the site I got it from has removed it. Will have to wait and see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.