Would you like to be able to change Siri's name?

QuatreHiead

Again, this is probably a stupid shot in the dark, but it would be awesome if Apple were willing to go to the next step of a personal assistant!
If you could have your phone, inactive at your desk and sort of pull a Tony Stark to get things done. I could just see calling my phone "Jarvis, save phone number 1-800-588-EMPIRE, to phone book under name Empire Carpet Cleaners." or something... that would be AMAZING!

Really, think Apple may take the bait and do something like that?

Naturally it would mean having the option of changing Siri's name. I suppose this would be too much to lose for Apple. Perhaps they could make Siri sort of a surname sort of deal instead? The other caveat is that you would have to make sure your Siri has a pretty original name, because Jarvis would probably be used a lot.... Just guessing considering the success Robert Downey Jr. has had playing a one Tony Stark.

QuirkyJessi

Why would you have to make sure it had a pretty original name? If -everyone- is currently using the name Siri, then I don't see why multiple people couldn't call it Jarvis instead.

I think it'd be a good idea to implement at some point. It'd make it more personal and people tend to like that when they're playing with their gadgets.

youredthiswrong

Why not Alfred? And in that case, why not Zoidberg? Siri is just fine, it's a tool, I don't see why anyone would need to rename it.

QuatreHiead

The idea was more of a you can activate your phone with your voice. If you're across the room cooking or something and your hands are busy but you want to know how many sticks of butter are in 1/2 cup, then you could say "Jarvis, remind me how many sticks of butter would I need for half a cup of butter?" Then really cool like your iPhone would activate at the sound of it's name and respond.

This could be a hassle if the name weren't original because let's say you have your phone at work and someone else has a phone named Jarvis and asks it a question. In that instance both phones may activate if the voice sensor isn't advanced enough and all.

And yes, Alfred was another one that I considered! ^___^ But the name Jarvis is almost too cool to pass up. I'd probably just be lame and call mines Sandrock. Because I couldn't help myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.